The application of Yoga for Fitness, Well-Being or Recovery
One to One Lessons offer the opportunity to apply Yoga specifically:
- in terms of Therapeutic Healthcare
- as a Lifestyle Support
- for Personal Development
Within a private setting Yoga Lessons provide an opportunity to focus on Yoga practice to:
- Develop your expertise in the practice of Yoga postures and breathing techniques
- Learn how Yoga can support your lifestyle and well-being
- Promote recovery from problems or ill-health
Free Initial Meetings to Discuss Options For Lessons
A free preliminary half hour meeting is offered to discuss your needs, interest and possibilities in the context of individual Yoga lessons and identify your best options.
“The spirit of viniyoga is starting from where one finds oneself.”
– TKV Desikachar
Why have an Individual Lesson?
Yoga is taught according to the person and their situation. Traditionally, Yoga was regularly taught on an individual basis and this continues to be the most effective way to explore Yoga.
There are many situations where it may be more suitable and beneficial for you to have individual lessons and to have a Yoga Practice that is developed specifically for you.
For example from time to time we all can experience a range of issues. We may hurt our back, we may suffer illness, we may suffer from depression or sleeping problems.
Yoga practice can be applied developmentally or therapeutically to enhance health, well being or life potential from many directions, such as to support your aims to:
- Positively influence your well-being
- Improve personal fitness levels
- Enhance personal energy levels
- Explore physical potentials
- Access specific physical goals
- Elevate attention and focus
- Help with mental or emotional stability
- Cope with excessive stress
- Reduce dependency on social and medical drugs or overeating
- Learn to care for issues such as back pain, osteoporosis, arthritis, asthma, circulatory or digestive disorders
Within Lessons Yoga practice is applied to help with the alleviation of your symptoms and to help with your recovery. Yoga lessons provide you with skills to assist with your own recovery, working alongside other treatment you may be receiving.
“As everybody is different and changes from time to time,
there can be no common starting point, and ready-made answers are useless.
The present situation must be examined and the habitually established status must be re-examined.”
– TKV Desikachar
Personalised Yoga lessons offer the possibility for discussing your needs and desire for change in the context of practice designed specifically to your health, energy and potentials.
Working one to one offers an opportunity to create a personalised Yoga practice, initially to respect your limitations and ultimately to stretch your abilities. Time is given to exploring your needs and developing a practice appropriate to your lifestyle, interests and commitment.
Fees for Individual Lessons
First consultation takes up to 75 minutes and the fee is €75
Thereafter lessons last up to one hour and the fee is €60
Practice Review meetings are 30 minutes and the fee is €30
Changes, cancellations or missed appointments require 24 hours notice. If less than 24 hours notice the full fee is chargeable.