The Viniyoga of Yoga for Well Being, Fitness, Lifestyle Support or Recovery
The Application of Yoga Practice and Study Workshops are available for Yoga students, teachers or trainee teachers from any background or approach to enhance and deepen their understanding and experience of Yoga practice techniques and supporting theory.
Current options include:
- The Application of Yoga Introductory Study Workshop – Dundrum, Dublin 16
- The Centre for Yoga Studies Application of viniyoga Module One Workshops – Stroud, UK
Introductory Yoga Workshop Background
The Application of Yoga Introductory Study Workshop evolved from Paul Harvey’s many years of personal lessons with his teacher TKV Desikachar. It reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his teacher the eminent T Krishnamacharaya as taught to Paul over 25 years.
It respects and acknowledges both the spirit of his teaching and the inspiration and message of his teacher that Yoga is taught in a way appropriate for each person and their situation.
With this intention in mind and heart this Workshop is offered with due regard for both the vital source from which these Yoga teachings originated and their place and relevance in our age and culture.
Workshop Aims and Verification
The workshop aim is to present a view of Yoga through which students can support and develop their own practice and deepen their appreciation of the possibilities for Yoga in their lives. This Introductory Workshop is verified by the Centre for Yoga Studies, established in 1985 by Paul Harvey.
The workshop will provide participants with:
- Guidance in emphasising a personal practice to support everyday life
- An overview of important Yoga teachings around body and mind
- An appreciation of the principles of practice which inspire and shape Yoga
- Familiarization in relation to basic Yoga terms and practice techniques
The workshop fee will be €120 for two days. It includes ten hours of teaching and is run with a minimum of 5 participants and a maximum of 8. Dates to be confirmed.